Maintaining proper oral hygiene is one of the best ways to care for our teeth’s health. Without the practice of proper oral hygiene, an individual is bound to experience various oral problems such as tooth decay, periodontal disease, gingivitis, or gum swelling.
When a tooth can no longer be treated or fixed with a dental filling, removing it is the only treatment to prevent the oral disease from spreading. Now don’t feel bad about missing a tooth. With dentures, you can still replace your missing teeth, so you do not have to worry about losing your bright smile.
Types of dentures
If you are getting a denture from your dentist in Colorado Springs, it is important for you to know how long it will last before having it applied. Different types of dentures have different life spans. These types are Partial Dentures and Full Dentures.
So how does their longevity differs?
- Full Dentures – These types of dentures are a replica of our teeth. It is a removable prosthesis with a gum-colored plastic base that can last for at least 5 to 10 years.
- Partial Dentures – These typically consist of new or artificial teeth mounted on a gum-colored acrylic base, which is sometimes connected by a metal framework that holds the denture in place in the mouth. Partial dentures typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years, though they may last much longer with proper care and maintenance.
When should you have a denture replaced?
Although dentures are a great way to restore a missing tooth, they are not permanent and must be replaced after some years. So how will you know if you need new dentures?
Listed below are some of the things that you have to keep in mind.
- Dentures start to feel loose
- Dentures falling out, making it difficult for you to speak
- Dentures cause pain and discomfort to your gums
- Dentures are discolored
- Dentures are damaged
Do you need a replacement for your dentures? We know someone perfect for this job.
Our Colorado Springs dentist at Crossroads Family Dentistry will provide and help you with the proper treatment. We offer various restorative oral services to help bring back your bright and confident smile
For more information about dentures, feel free to check out our website or book an appointment by calling (719) 596-3481.